Tuesday 31 March 2015

wk 13 Ovals/Easter - Digi Choosday Crafting challenge

Happy Choosday everyone!
Before we get onto the challenge we have a few things to share with you. First the fabulous Mrs Doodles has been very busy in her studio again and has brought us the next in the fabulous Work & Play collection, Work & Play 10 - Country Life. Just look how fabulous it is!
You can find it HERE on download or HERE on CD. Or HERE in smaller collections or individual images.
The second thing we have to share with you is that Mrs Doodles herself, Nikky Hall will be on Create and Craft TV on the 13th April with something very special you will not want to miss - completely new and unreleased so make sure you tune in because you seriously don't want to miss out!

Now onto the new challenge from us here at Digi Choosday!

The challenge we have set for you this time is
Ovals.
It can the oval of Easter eggs or just die-cut ovals, elipses, whatever you wish as long as the oval shape is on your make.

You can make anything you like maybe a card, a scrapbook layout of even home décor. 
You can use any products you like to enter as long as it follows the theme for this week. We don’t have many rules but check them out in the side bar if you need to.

We give you two weeks to enter so that means the
CLOSING DATE IS 14th April 2015 
and the winners will be announced on 21st April 2015.

PRIZES:
The random winner (chosen by Random.org) will receive a $15 voucher for the digi store!

The winner and top 3 for week 10 can be found at the bottom of this post.

So let’s see what the design team have made for us.

Nikki - For this challenge, we were told to think about Easter.... When I think of Easter, I think about bunnies. Noah is the most adorable little dude ever...... I used an oval spellbinder to cut out the digital image and inked him my Copic markers. The paper is us from Work and Play Collection 1 and the scrabble tiles are from the Love and Kisses collection.


Dawn As this is a think ovals challenge, possibly Easter, I decided to concentrate on the oval side of the challenge & used the papers from Back to Nature, which can be purchased here. I believe this is the best selling CD & I can see why. There are so many beautiful papers to be found, as well as lots of other elements on this CD.

Scatty Jan Ovals think Easter ....can only mean eggs for me! I have used the lovely Cherryblossom Lane collection CD for my card - The characters used that are also available as seperate digi's are - Blossom, Maisie, Horace, Wesley and Lily Bicycle. The bird, flowers, ladybirds, and baskets are all from the same collection. For the ovals I cut the eggs out of  one of the lush papers from the CD. You just can't beat an Easter Egg hunt . (pop across to my blog for lots more photo's)


Lynda: I hope you have fun with our Easter Challenge this week, I loved making this card. The digi stamp I used is called Fredericka which you can buy here.  I cut out some of the Easter eggs from the backing paper and layered them over the mushroom's in her basket. I also used the pretty and FREE Easter papers offered here. Have fun xx 



Tanya...I’m just like Scatty Jan and when I think of Ovals and Easter I think of eggs, but instead of the chocolate kind I’ve decided to decorate one of those polystyrene eggs with paper from the Rose Budd collection (available as a CD collection and a Download collection and a design sheet (decoupage) from Cherry Blossom Lane called Bicycle Days and then added ribbon, a tatty lacy pink rose, hat pin and some lovely pink shimmery flower sequins and of course glitter.

KateNow I don't normally make Easter cards but seeing as we have lots of little ones in the family now, and more due this year, I decided it would be nice to make them cards. This one is for the twins who will be 2 next month. Everything I used is from the Cherryblossom Lane CD Collection including the super sweet Wesley digi image. More details are on my blog x




AnjieI have used the sweet Horace digital stamp, and papers and embellies from the adorable Cherryblossom Lane CD. I have coloured Horace with my Graph'It Markers. More details and photos can be seen on my blog.

Caz For my ovals card ive used the cute digi called Maisie. The papers are from the lovely  Baby Boom download..Image coloured with Graph it markers.


Monica. For this challenge I chose to make a 3D egghouse (oval, of course). I used the lovely mushroom pattern papers that are included Cherryblossom Lane Collection, the little mushrooms and the bunny topiaries -also from Cherryblossom- and the adorable Blossom Flower Picking.

Jane – Hi everyone!  I have created an Easter bonnet/basket for my project this week using the gorgeous Winston Full Collection! And of course I had to add some chocolate eggs for good measure! More delicious goodies (but no chocolate eggs) can be found in the store! Enjoy your day! xxx

Yvonne - Hi everyone! So this week we are thinking about Ovals and we were asked to think Easter.  Easter isn't JUST about the eggs to some people. To some people it's a lot more and I thought I would like my project for this week to reflect that. I used the FREE, yes, the FREE Tatty Easter Paper bundle which you can get here.  I opted to use the precoloured image of the Female Minister from the 'Love & Kisses' Collection.  Fished out some Spellbinders D'Lites for the embellishments and there you have it!


Wendy - For my card this week I've not gone easter, but rather what a few hundred kids will be doing while on thier Easter holidays! I've used the Gamer boy from Work & Play 2, also available on his own as a digi here and coloured using my Graph'its. The backing paper and embelishments are from the same collection, as is the sentiment, which I have resized and pasted onto the games console using Serif.


Christine  I used the wonderful Cherry Blossom image from the Cherryblossom Lane Collection.  I colored them with Spectrum Noir Markers and Colored Pencils.  I also used some of the pieces from the Work and Play 9 Collection,  which was the paper bow.  I also used the Ivy Cut File.


Great makes from everyone I’m sure you will agree - who knew ovals could be so cool!
Add your entry using the linky tool below.
Now for the winner and top three from week 10 Lace/Bling.
The winner chosen at random by www.random.org is:
# 15 AJ 
Please email us at sales@polkadoodles.co.uk quoting DCW010001 to claim your prize!
And in no particular order the top three chosen by the design team are:
# 6 Tiziana B 
Well done to all our prizewinners! Grab your blinkies from the side bar!
Thank you all so much for your entries, it means so much to us that you join us each week.
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining us at the Digi Choosday challenge! We love to hear from you so feel free to drop us a comment below! mwaah mwaah! xx